I hope you enjoy this record of my experiments with using free software and a low cost, home-made 3D printer to produce nude sculptures and statuettes.
Please leave a comment if you find anything interesting and feel free to ask questions about the techniques that I use.
Follow me on Twitter @entiresia for news of updates.
Sunday, 5 May 2013
My test print of Bridge was successful at first sight, but on closer inspection the leotard had been only partially printed, particularly across the back where it was rather messy. In other places, it was a completely separate and rather fragile layer which started to come away as I removed the support material. So, in summary, my first faltering steps with printing clothing had been a bit of a failure. I decided to try and recover an otherwise good print by breaking away the remnants of the leotard. A bit of scraping with a knife and an acetone vapour bath later, and I had another nice looking model.
Before removal of support material and leotard fragments