Tuesday 7 June 2022

Orson Carter

 It was seeing the photo of Ali Brooks in my last post that led me to the large portfolio of work by Orson Carter. Clearly a man after my own heart, he creates tasteful and always beautiful art nude photos that concentrate on a subtle 'shapes and shadows' style. I found many inspirational poses that would make great interesting challenges for 3D printed sculptures amongst his work, but after selecting my short-list of half a dozen favourites, the one at the top of my list turned out to be the one at the top of Orson's page as well. 

The photo of Melissa Tongue is another example of an implied nude, full of diagonal lines, extreme twists and wonderful light and shade.

 

Creating the pose in Daz Studio required turning off the 'range-of-motion limits' for many joints, but eventually I was able to achieve this 3D representation of the photo. I did make a slight modification to the position of the left hand so that the chin and tip of the nose would be supported.











No comments:

Post a Comment