Thursday 10 June 2021

Ali Brooks

I'm usually on the look out for interesting art nude poses and when I saw this photo by Orson Carter featuring Ali Brooks, I knew it would make a great sculpture.

 

 I used a new Daz 3D model to recreate the pose and then tried creating some 3D rendered images in different settings. I couldn't find an accurate version of the hairstyle that worked, at first, so used a nice short style as a temporary alternative.



I decided to have a go at sculpting my own version of the braided pony-tail hairstyle using Blender, using Ali's photo as a guide. I combined the hair with the rest of the model and then converted the 3D mesh into a printable file using the same workflow that i described in my last post.
I was very pleased with the way it worked out and so I tried a mini 3D print in Satin PLA to accompany the small test print from my last post, 'Triangle'.


Finally, I completed a full-size print in a shiny, copper-coloured PLA to show off a bit more of the detail in this model.




No comments:

Post a Comment