Tuesday 7 June 2022

John McNairn

 I recently created a model based on this photo of Rachelle Summers, taken by John McNairn.


The model came out pretty well and was very suitable for printing. You can see the resin print on the right in the photo below.


Naturally, I started following John's Twitter account, @foxtherascal, and have really enjoyed his frequent contributions.

As usual, I am on the lookout for fine art nude photos of models in poses that look like they could be 3D printed with an absolute minimum of support material.

On May 21st this year, John posted a photo entitled "Miss'D - Stephanie Dubois". It's a stunning photo and absolutely meets all my criteria. Hopefully, John won't mind me sharing it here.


It was only when I started reading a bit more about Stephanie Dubois that I learned of her tragic story and then understood the significance of John's clever title. Stephanie was one of the extremely unlucky victims of the rare, fatal side effect of the Covid-19 vaccine that has protected so many millions of others.

I decided very quickly that I had to create my own tribute to her, in the form of a 3D printed sculpture of this lovely pose.
















No comments:

Post a Comment