Saturday 16 March 2013

Inspiration

As impressed as I was with the success of removing support material from my 'Sascha' prints (both ABS and PLA plastics worked surprisingly well), I am still drawn to the challenge of finding poses for sculptures that will print well without the need for any support at all.
I searched a few glamour and comic art sites and came up with these two examples of the kind of thing that might work quite well.




However, they are both rather similar to previous models and both have the problem of the horizontal right arm which is going to be difficult to print without support.
Then I saw this picture in the arts section of the local free paper and was struck both by the beauty of the pose and the potential opportunity for printing.



I think it looks like a great challenge so I think I'm going to try this one next.

No comments:

Post a Comment